Friday, June 20, 2008

Finding the games where I'm a favorite Pt 2, deep in the 10$ 10min levels

So besides playing in the cash games, i think i'm going to grind my way up with these 3.40 sngs 18-45 players. Playing 4 of these at a time tonight should be a good way to build up a roll to around 100 so I could start playing the 6.50's where i'm going to be in the top 2 players of each sng or top 3 and with that br I should be able to handle a good amount of variance.

I also played in the $10 10 minute level mtt on stars with about 850 runners. Started off pretty hot, doubled up in the first level with trip 3's that I slow played that had two pair on the board and I think my villain thought we would chop with my river push.

Then I got into a big pot with two similar stacks, I had 910 with a 10 of clubs. the clubs out there three of them to be exact on the flop, I had two pair with a flush draw on the turn I push pretty sure i'm ahead 3 handed. I get two callers for a big 5k pot with 1500 behind, i'm up against aa with a club, and 89 for a lower two pair. River is the awesome ace and he takes it down and i'm back to my original buy in when i had a chance to sit on a top 10 chip stack for the tourney. Grind my way back up with some nice river bluffs with some scare cards, some tricky check raises and some abc poker vs a few donkeys.

Make it to the money where the top 81 get paid out of 850 field. I'm pretty short stacked after the bubble break, get jj -2 of with 5k and 500/1k blinds 100 ante or so. mp raises to 3200 and i push. He has aqo and were off to the races. flop comes a q, I get a straight draw on the turn and no dice. Back to the sng's as I made 7 dollars of my newly grown br in this mtt where i did alright.

Ran bad as I jumped into the 6.50's for a few of them, I won a 9 man and lost the 45 man on the bubble of 7.

Also wanted to stretch the noodle a little bit played in some .1/.2 limit 5card draw, .5/.1 horse limit, $25 max plo 6max with a 15 buy in, and a 45 man 3.40 sng.

Played pretty well in the draw game, had a nut flush once for a nice 3$ pot, after that ran alright my two pair never got there as they weren't that strong and left that game $1 up or so. In the horse game I folded a couple good hands thinking we were still in razz, lol. Got up to 25 in the plo game playing very tight and bluffing a scare card river with k high for a $14 pot after missing my multiple draws.

Finished the day overall plus $41 after my 25 buy in. I feel really good about playin in these 3.40 sng's. My plan is to build up to about 100 or 150 and then move up to the 6.50's. Stay away from the other cash games and maybe try out the plo hi/low sng's. Not my strongest game but the players have to be pretty weak.

Play in a couple mtt's if my br is healthy and make some runs.

Just going to play within my br for once and see what happens, i will keep u updated.

No comments: