Thursday, May 29, 2008

To vegas or to not

Right now i'm considering flying to vegas tomorrow for a nice $300 package that includes round trip flight and stay and new york ny.

Money is tight as usual, it's even more tight as I don't have the access money I usual do when i'm playing to pay rent and have a little extra. In the last 2 months I have been able to coast and use my shitty paycheck from work to pay the rest of my bills along with rent.

Things are tight again, so i'm trying to figure out what my best roi would be to put my money in. Online I still haven't gotten to the point where I am patient enough to be a winning player in cash games that I believe are worth my time aka $25-100 buy ins. Also after my sick run in plo online I have reconsidered my natural ability in the game. I will take a lot of responsibility for my play and the 100 bucks I lost in a short time. I did run card dead, and every time I hit my hand people ran away instantly.

Recently I just purchased, Read em' and reap from joe navarro, Every hand revealed from gus hansen, Best blackjack from Frank Scoblete, and also Kill Everyone, also Pot-limit omaha from Jeff Hwang. I should have some reviews of these in the next week or so.

But back to the point of vegas or not, doesn't look like it's going to happen. We need 4 people and we have 2 to get the discount package. I still feel I need another 3-4 books digested for me to become very comfortable at a 2/5 table. Funds are limited but I now need to find out what my best roi is and where to invest my money.

There are so many games available, I think by far the plo micro-low stake games are going to be the easiest to beat, the maniac friend i have plays 11-12 table of $10 max plo games and makes around 20-30 bucks an hour. Also mtt's are great as I cash in a fair amount of them, but just can't get deep into the money very often and this leak needs to be filled to play in a high varience game with a very limited bankroll.

There are the sng's ranging from .6-$1000 dollars all the time. I find that the 6.50's turbo are pretty soft and I should have a decent roi from them. But running bad doesn't help the confidence. Also the 60-180 player turbo sng's look to be pretty soft ,and I've heard you can do pretty well in those.

And there is always nlhe cash games.

No comments: