Friday, May 23, 2008

Donkey Marries two Kings

Yesterday was a good day that helped show some of the progress I have made and also brought to the forefront some of the leaks that need to be addressed.

Got home a little after five after cutting from work early: tired from the previous nights escapades.

Loaded up a plethora of tourney's: All Nlhe's

$6 9man turbo sng
$5 sat to the 50+5 50k guarantee
$22 rebuy mtt
$10 turbo mtt
$10 mtt
$3 rebuy mtt 25k guarantee
$5 mtt

Started off winning the 9man turbo, took it easy and played abc, it's amazing how play is pretty straightforward.

Went deep in the $5 sat to the fifty fifty, I actually joined this tourney thinking it was a cash tourney. Go pretty deep, top 28 get seats. Interesting enough We were on the bubble to get the seats and I was dealt pocket 10's on the button the utg went all in and the co off called. The co had me covered and i knew i was probably ahead, but folded it out because there was no need to fight. utg is gone, and made it into the fifty fifty.

Couple of the big hands later in the fifty fifty, Playing pretty tight and trying to get a feel for the players, surprising enough the play wasn't much greater then your average $10 buy in mtt. Yeah there were fewer players seeing flops and limping but overall i didn't see any more educated plays besides a check raise or two.

Had a couple big hands, fired double barrel a few times with overpairs and missed big aces and build up a good stack. I raised from utg a couple times with kk, rarely got action with them. Had JJ from co -1, raised std 3x bb. That's something that I tried to do in this tourney, keep the bet sizes even from all of the positions to not relenguish the strength of my hand while still getting action.

Big hand after a break 600 left out of 1k players. I had kq from mp, I called a 3x bb raise from utg. Hit the q73, called 1/2 size pot bet. Turn broght a club giving me river flush draw and tpgk. He check's I raise he pops and I call. He has rox, I river the flush and sit on 20k in chips 3x average stack. It was a donk play, can't argue.

The rest of the tourney's were pretty good, cashed in all of them and did alright, didn't get to deep best finish was 60th place for the 10$ 10 minute blinds.

Ending my rain of terror in the fifty fifty, I get kk in utg +2. raise 3x bb, get a caller in lp and sb. flop is 462, bb checks I bet 1/2 pot, lp folds and bb min raises. I call. turn brings another blank, pot is about 10k I have 10k behind and so did he. He puts the rest in and I make a crying call. By no means does this make any sense looking back. The best I can hope for is 8's- qq's, it made perfect sense to be up against a low set with the board and the position of the aggressor or even aa if he was as close to being as bad as I.

Went pretty deep in the 3rebuy, went out in 140th.

Overall I was happy with my play besides the two bad moves in the fifty, I do need to calibrate for the higher buy ins. And not play so poorly. But cashing in most of the tournies and playing pretty tag and felt to be one of the better players on each table.

Live and learn and move on to the next day.

No comments: