Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dancing again with the maniac and his crazy call down colegue

Last night after work went online played in 2 45 man turbo's on stars. A $6 and $11, both seemed reasonable soft, couldn't catch a hand and tried to bluff with ACE high with a qq7 board, busted out 33 & 27th place. Jumped into a .5/1 plo full ring table with 78% vpip, some horrible ass players there. bought in for 60, down to 50 with 2 draws, won a decent pot with 2 pair and got up to 70 and then had dinner and got ready for the game that night.

Drove to the game, sit down the the crazy well versed maniac who always puts me to the test, but pays off my made hands. His buddy comes in who I found out is a doctor and from what i've seen has a lot of gambol and prides himself on reads and sick calls and sick plays, limping utg with aces a lot, check bb with qq things of that nature.

Then we have 2 fish at the game, one works close to me and is a good guy as we become good friends during the game as I broke down the idea of plo starting hands. I'm not sure if i'm one to give advice on plo, but i'm pretty sure it's a better idea then what he knew before hand. Then we have our other player who is pretty tight and very readable especially when we went down to 4 handed. Always doing something that just bothers me as he might be a little slow, but he just does so many things wrong- play wise and poker etiquette wise. Then we have the other pro at the table an online monster who goes through some sick swings. Then we have another recreational player, pretty tight, not many crazy plays, but has a decent line on hand values.

Playing .5/1 h20, 2 rounds of nlhe, 1 round of plo. Both games usually have 1 or two stratelers. few hands in a play a little loose, lose about 10 bucks not hitting any flops. I call a raise preflop on the button with j9, hit my straight and scoop a $25 pot calling down vs a paired turn/river and the 2nd straight.

Played pretty tight after taht, pretty card dead, even in omaha which i play pretty tight unless i know i can get away with a limp, which in this game isn't to common. Big hand mid through the night, aaq3 suited aq. Pot preflop, get repopped, i repop and he tanks and thinks about his kk' or aa. after i make it $40 more to go pretty sure i'm up against an unsuited aa or kk strong hand. he mucks i ask him to run it down for 5 bucks and scoop the pot vs his kkqj.

There was one sick play by my maniac's buddy to my right, $60 pot, $20 to go on the river he's in position, he calls with q6 vs an ak and flush draw on the board and takes it down with q no kicker vs the tight online player.

The big hand of the night, i call pot bet of $5 all day with 6-10 wrap no flush draws on the button. flop comes 7810 2 clubs. I bet pot call and call turn is an 9, i bet 15, small stack pushed for 20.5, the doctor calls i call. River is a j of clubs. Doc bets out 75 and I fold.

SHow DOwn:

K high flush says the doc, the tight fish slow rolls clubs, for the nut straight and says, "well i had a straight" then shows jack o clubs and 7 clubs for the straight flush.

Last big hand for me. I'm in the bb, maniac is utg and opens to 6, fold fold and I look down at 46offsuit. I call liking my hidden straight draws vs him as they are well concealed, i have a pretty tight image, and I will get paid off if i hit my straight vs most of his top 30% of hands. Flop comes 359, rainbow. I lead out with 12, he insta calls. The turn I get there with the 2, i bet out $20, he insta calls.

So the river pairs, which bothers me to some extent, as a set in his hand was pretty possible but most likey i'm up against top 2 or overpair. I bet out 40 he insta calls and i show and rake it in.

This play is a little funny all the way around. Can I outplay him after the flop, maybe. is his hand range pretty huge, yes. Did I think I was good there, 70% if he popped me all in I might have called as I had about $80 behind.

Overall for the night I made 33 bucks, minus the 3 for the house and 5 to my roommate for lettin me borrow his car(TY JULES CREW). Played from 8pm- 2:30pm.

Not to bad overall, little card dead, no aces or king's, in nlhe, and no nuts really in plo.

Good session, looking forward to playing more and more as I am becoming more intune iwth the game every minute i'm sitting at the table. Live and online.

please post any comments for how horrible or great(if you have been drinking :) my theory or play is. I'm learning just like most of you, but i have put a lot of time in and have become a winning player with a lot of playing under my belt and a lot of theory go through my noodle. I am always down to learn, so please let me have it.

Thanks,

KmOn

No comments: