Monday, June 9, 2008

Saturday Night PokerStars Fever


With a recent cash for another $100 my bankroll is hanging around. I buy into a couple of 11 mtt turbos, $16, 60 man sng, a 22rebuy, and 11 wsop me sat, and a few cash games along with my loved 3rebuy 35k guarantee.

Cash games hurt me good, as i'm playing $50max plo. I've started to get away from online plo games as I have been running bad, and playing poorly for the most part. My small sample size early on showed a great strength for plo, now i'm just another donkey, live i'm not bad, just because most are really bad.

Anyways, after a fun Friday night it was time to get to work, Do fairly well after i re bought into the wsop main event straight satellite. Blinds started to get nuts as it's a 2x turbo. with 177 people in there, and a plethora of rebuys the prize pool was up to 8k after the break and the add-ons. were down to 50 people, and I don't remember exactly what I went out with, but i'm pretty sure my pp lost on a coin flip.

Started getting pretty deep in the 3rebuy with first place getting paid 5k. Early on I got rivered for an all in so I re bought. Ran well sitting on a 2x average stack for most of the run, stealing a lot after reading Every Hand Revealed by gus hansen. Overall played well. Get down to 18 players took a hit to my stack once or twice, right before then with 3 tables I go for a blind steal from the button with ajs, the bb was a little crazy making steals with a3 and having it catch. So when i raised 2.5bb and he comes over the top for another 10x bb I think for a minute and think about how i have been a robber the last couple of orbits and building up pretty good from it.

I call him thinking that he would easily re raise with most aces and any pp, so I think i'm doing good here. He shows a3 and my aj looks good to have a nice 1/3 added to my stack. Blah Blah Blah I don't lose but get counterfeited. I think it is just as my pocket 5's took out aces when I turned the 5 and had a big double up against a small re raise and a guy that was disconnecting every 5 seconds. I don't know if that's bad ediquete, but i always insta raise any time a player is disco and sitting out and try to steal whatever I can.

Back down to 18th place, pay is 100 for 18-16, 175, 15-14 and then it gets better, with top 3 getting 5k 3.5k and 2k. I'm a short stack after running into a set with an overpair, 400k in chips with average probably around 700k. A guy from the last table is on my right, pretty tight abc guy. Well after playing for 6 hours time for the play of a lifetime.... I think about his hand range and prey he has 1010 or lower, he's not stealing with anything but premium and hasn't all day. but he is in cutoff so i repop him with ajo, he thinks a minute and then calls with ak, I'm dead and that's the tourney. a measly 100 bucks when if i played right couldve been 5k, i defiantly was pretty good favorite if i made the final table with any stack. Would have been a great boost to my br. But every time I make it really deep it brings the light at the end of the tunnel a little closer even though it feels like it's miles away.

No comments: