Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Monday + Online Poker Tourneys = :(ash 49 vs ak

Work was rough as usual, got some reading in, caught up on all of Kid Poker's Vlog on rawvegas.com along with Dave Williams from Bodog.

Started some just right timing laundry, made some swordfish with white wine and sesame seeds along with some Sesame noodles, Couse Couse, and some green beens with onions, beer and soy sauce.

Alright after that and a few beers we hit the online super world of donkeystars. Couple tournies going on, the nl omaha $5 rebuy +25 add-on 150 players, jumped in the $10 10 minute blinds 1200 player game. And then I played a 6max 3.25 turbo sng to make enough to buy into the 11 rebuy with 1600 players.

Went really deep in the No limit omaha game, off the bat there were two all ins after I raised, I knew they were going to be pretty light and I had a pair of fives with double suit. Runner runner flush and i'm up to 3k in chips a little over average as rebuys were nuts. Played tight aggressive, made a couple blind steals and check raise all ins with nothing but did well and played well. Lost a nasty hand and was short on chips with 20 to go to the money. had 4k in chips blinds were 300/600 with a nice ante i believe, raised from mid position all in with aa33 double suit. Got called with a 5567 and he hit the straight on the turn and that was it. Good showing, took a little time to adjust to nl omahadizzle. Good game, bad players and the $25 add-on helped the prize pool pretty good. Still not super confident with my plo or omaha in general play as i donked off 100 online playing 50 and 100$ max 6max.

Then to the $10 10 minute level. Card dead, hit kk raised got 2 callers and got both of them all in with top and 2nd pair with a kickers. nice little triple up there. Went pretty far at the bubble made some moves and had to gamble with 88 vs k10 and lost that battle.

Now to the 11R mtt, these are always my favorite, i heart any rebuy for the most part. Bad players, big prize pools, and lot's of rebuys. It was a pretty big field of 1600 players so I knew I was in for a nice ride, it was a non-turbo so that gave me room to play tight and not gamble till the blinds went up. This tourney was at the end of the night so things are a little hazy along with the 3 beers and the funny tasting cigar and the clear cigarette. Did pretty well, some decent pocket pairs let me triple up, kk treated me well last night compared to over the weekend. Stayed around and made the break with 1200 players left and 1000 add=ons. Prize pool was just over 60k with 251 places paid in the 55k guarntee. People started dropping like flies after the break. Blinds were higher and people were moving there newly 4000 chips that were added to there stack around the table.

Got in the money with good tight play and a couple of blind steals. Knocked a couple people out in the bb from the sb with an a or a k with crap kicker that held up to there mid connectors. Big hand once we get a little deeper around 230 players, along with 1st getting 10k. There was a all in for 6k utg with blinds 600/1200 ante 125 i'm guessing. I had ak I repushed to isolate, he had a10 and i was ahead all the way ................... Until the river, spike the 3 outer and there was a contefiet board so what are you going to do. I say nb" trying to do nh. Player goes"that was sick" i agreed". Sitting on 38k in chips i get kk on the button, i raise 4x bb, mid stack in bb pushed with k8, I hold up and sit on 60k in chips about 10k above average .

Here is where things go bad, i'm in mp with a10 suited, somethign I could easily lay down, there's no limping, just as i pushed utg with ak because a raise would commit me and if i'm up against aa or kk i'm dead either way so it's a weird spot. Anyways, the guy behind me a little tight pushes for another 20k and i'm a little under 2-1 on my money but i call praying for an under pair and a race or a resteal with a weak ace. Well that wasn't right and he had ak that held up. Down to 25k in chips bottom of the totem pole with place. I'm on the bb, the button raises just enough to put me all in. I put him on a steal 70% of the time, didn't think he had a pp so I looked at my 49, and thought about some of the odds of going deeper, I thought that the money was right as i had to live cards, i would have 20k remaining with the small blind coming up being 2500 and a 250 ante or so. if I hit my 60/40 I would be up to 60k in chips again. I made my read and called. He had ak and things looked good so far. Flop came 9 high and i was ready to start a nice little comeback. Turn is a magical k and that was it for me.

I was barrated for my call with 49 by the raiser. I tried to explain myself but then gave up as he didnt' understand pot commitment and live cards. I'f i'm a donk for that move let me know, i would do it again with the read i had on the guy and for what stack i would be sitting on. with an m of 3 i think i was getting priced in to have decent stack with 3-1 odds along with being a 40% favorite.

That was it, watched a little tv and passed out and thought about the $15 I started the day with and now the 95 I had in the account (did do a 25 chip add to my account to do the add-on of 4k when my stack was 8k and everyone was going to do it.

No comments: