Thursday, June 12, 2008

3 cashes in a row in the $3 rebuy and still not happy

I don't know if it's any type of accomplishment to cash in a 2500 player online tourney three days in a row with a #3 buyin and a 35k gaurantee. The three times I have cashed have been 18th, 150 and last night it was 120. payouts of 100, 50, 30 for a total cost of $25 and 15 hours of play. It was a little sick getting called with K high with a gutshot draw vs my gutshot 7 high with a vpip of 13 and pfr of 5%. I had 60k in chips vs average was 40, not many hands, the guy was short stacked and I played it pretty poorly with 97 in the bb. It was crazy going from playing 60% of hands and raising at least once an orbit to letting blinds go and stealing bliinds every 2 orbits or so. I was a little card dead but was in a good position where I risked way to much to make 1/2 my stack.

The play is so bad in this and for a 5k first place it is worth it to play imop. Lot's of limping few reraises that aren't all in. Crazy all in calls with a3o is just one example of the poor play.

Besides that, played in the 11rebuy didn't get to far, as my online br has been sitting around 50 for the last couple of days. Haven't been playing to much, cash games have been a little evil giving under kickers there 2nd pair on the turn and river and me knowing I was ahead on the flop and not letting it go on the turn or river has hurt me.

My play has been getting really strong overall, very good decisions, mostly well timed aggression and good trapping. I'm happy with my recent progression in play overall. Starting to think on multiple levels has really helped me increase my level of play.

What else is new, looking into moving to Vegas and working at a Automotive Performance shop that seems like a great match. This would be a great situation to work on my game and work a job that i'm very good at along with the enjoyment.

So i'm on day three in gus's book and there's 12 players left, really interesting read and looking forward to reading it again soon. After this i'm going to finish the two hoc's i have waiting and then im' ready for killer mathematics and should be on my way to playing some great poker with numbers to back my reads.

Sorry for no post yesterday, but soon enough I will have some more to write about once i figure out this new adventure I hopefully will be taking and there will be many blog posts in the works as I go work my way up the stakes in vegas.

Cheers :)

No comments: