Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kmon and Kards

I've been reading so many poker blogs in the the recent weeks I wanted to throw my hat into the ring. I have helped a lot of players grow and become winning players on my own road to success, so I thought that sharing my experience and research into the game could help many others on here. Along with I'm always learning when i empathize with the student, this is where i need to concentrate on my explanations and reasonings for what i do, and this in turn helps me understand what i did beside "i had a read" or "i was pot committed". There's more to a decision the further you go down the poker road, it's amazing when thinking back to how I would explain a hand a year ago to now the level of detail about every player involved in the hand, the table dynamics, my table image, the preflop and tendencies of the villain are a few examples.

I've recently purchased 7 books on amazon(it was 8 when i ordered and the Read book with FBI guy and Phil PokerBrat Hellmuth) So far I have started reading Harrington on cash v1, Professional No-Limit HOldem, and THe fulltilt poker strategy guide(tournament edition).
Takes on different books so far, started with Pro Nlhe- it's fantastic. I believe it takes the progression from NLTAP(no limit and theory by sklansky and ed miller). Opening up a couple more ideas on some of the baseline ideas. I am on page 171, and right now it's talking about spr, where the amount of the shortest stack divided by the pot should be a certain number to be ev. That's my take on it so far, it was alittle confusing as I came into it after started another book Killer Mathmatics of poker- which looks like to be a pretty tough read where they ask you to get a graphing calculator pen and paper and a lot of free time.

To finish up my take on books I really wanta say make sure your reading the right books, a problem that i brought onto myself is reading a wrong book, and that in it's own set me back about 2 years. I am a no limit player that has a played a variety of table games since a young age with a group degens like myself since 4th grade, spreading 8 man bj, acey ducey, getting up to jacks or better, five card draw and anything else we could gamble on. But after reading holdem for advanced players and learning some good ideas i thought at the time my br that was built from a free $10 bucks on prima went to Zero. I'm not sure if i can blame the book for it, but the timing is pretty impressive, where i try to utilize limit strats in a nlhe game.

Since then I have grown as a player, being an average player to i would say a proficient player that is close to having an edge on most tough nlhe full ring 2/5 tables. Playing online for a year with nothing to show for it was a great learning experience after college while looking for a job. The million hands I went through and situations I saw over and over again will forever help me in some situations that many players have only seen once if ever.

Well there's this blog, I just wanted to put a baseline down before getting into theory and strategy, I mostly play live and am a constant winner now even against pros. Sample rate is small maybe out of 50 live games i've played in the last couple of months i was a winner about 80% of the time. As of recent I am a winner in 18/20 of the cash games i have played in ranging from 1/2-2/5 nlhe, omaha. Also I have won the last three live tournies I have played in with no rush of cards besides seeing kk twice and aces maybe once in the three tournies. Just solid play and table reads along with maximizing position and players view of my play has helped me reach 3 final tables as short stack and making it to hu and chopping or taking it down.

So hopefully i have some good advice and learn something myself throughout this blog journey.

Hola,

KmOn

No comments: